Friday, April 18, 2008

No means no, but yes means no later... sometimes...

Ok a brief rundown. Baltimore City court rules that a woman has the right to tell a man to stop penetration of her body at any time during sex... Great!!

If the dude fails to stop, it's considered rape... Ok...I agree with that but I have some questions though...

In the story linked below a community college student allowed to high skool students to run a train on her. She consented to the second dude to have sex with her only if he stopped when she requested. The dude was a bit ruff and she asked him to stop, he stopped a little over 5 seconds later. He and his homeboy are now charged with rape, one for 5 and the other for 15 years if I'm not mistaken.

My questions are as follows.

- What if he stopped 2 seconds after she requested him to stop? What about half a second? 1 second? At what point does it become rape?

- How do you prove the someone kept going? How do you prove that you stopped? I assume many people will be videotaping their "sessions" from now on or taking a queue from Dave Chappelle and getting contracts signed before the action begins.

I'm all for protecting woman and men but this just seems like it's going to cause a lot of people heartache. What is to stop a bitter/vindictive person from lying about this, male or female for that matter?


Read the articlehere.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

No comments: