Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Beware of what you pray for?

Beware sounds kind of extreme/morbid but...it's true. My uncle often mentions during his sermons that when you ask God for something he'll give it to you... Duh, we all know that right? Matthew 7:8/Matthew 21:22 There are more scriptures but you get the idea. Ask, you get it. All you need is faith, expectation, patience and in my case just enough obedience to slide through. LOL You should always try to strive to be more obedient since in His eyes that's greater than sacrifice. Anyway, back to the topic...

I've been through the ruffest two weeks I've experienced at my job or any job I've held. My coworker is out due to surgery and I've been asked to hold down the fort. This building requires 2-3 people to run smoothly and without a hitch. When major "fires" break out, one can tend to the emergency while the other can handle the day to day bullcrap that pops up. Well, there is only 1 person here and over 500 users to support. Tough gig right? But it's been a blessing. I've felt envigorated since the moment she left and it's great feeling to know that I can do this on my own. I can run this building alone if need be and I feel that I'm still growing as a tech. My comfortability in certain process will only grow and make it even easier than it is now. Now that is not to say that I don't need my coworker because she is awesome, but it's good to know that I'm valuable to my company and my customer?

So what did you pray for? I prayed for increase. I prayed for a substantial raise. So why beware? Why? That 1st paragraph is why. I knew when I prayed for that, I was going to be tested to see if I was worthy of it. My new boss doesn't know of all the awesome stuff I did last year or of my growth since I was 1st hired. I wondered how I was going to be show him that I deserve a raise. Well, a reason was provided, on top of all the other reasons I listed in my self assesment. The fork in the road was presented to me. If I wanted to be blessed I had the option to do what needed to be done and I'm doing it. Not only has this present me with a way to achieve what I need/want, it's made me a better employee and is a step to knocking out a habit of procrastination. That would be my 2nd habit of the year and would be an awesome consilation prize on top of a substantial raise. I'm proof that prayer does work and that God blesses you even when you don't deserve it.
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling this whole blog. Good job Dude.

Dr. Cogent said...

This is why I like you bro.